First, I'd like to point out that the reason Struts offers the facility to
override the RequestProcessor class is specifically so that it can be
extended for whatever purposes you need. ;-)

In any case, my recommendation, for checking authentication at least, is to
extend Action, rather than RequestProcessor. I described this approach here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg35617.html

--
Martin Cooper