Why do you want ServletFilter capability in the struts ActionServlet (other
than not using a servlet 2.3 compliant container)?  I personally think this
is best left in the ServletFilter realm and people using older containers
(myself included) can subclass RequestProcessor.

In general, I don't think it's wise to duplicate java standard functionality
in struts, especially when struts already provides an easy extension
mechanism.

Dave