David cygwin will fo all you need, here is the line I use :

ssh -L 2401:localhost:2401 -l rleland -N cvs.apache.org
which is in a bat file.

in wincvs:
CVSROOT : rleland@localhost:/home/cvs
authentication: "passwd file" on local host.

I use to use MindTerm until they became a full blown commercial
product, and they stopped offering
a standalone demo app. Using their web based applet is a pain.

-Rob