Just for information (Craig knows about most of this), the unit tests that I
built for the Struts-EL tags go a little further than the existing tag unit
tests in Struts, but I still have more to do, in my mind.  These go so far
as actually comparing the HTML output from the tag with what we expect,
using Cactus, HttpUnit, JTidy, and Xalan (although figuring out what we
"expect" is somewhat annoying in some cases).  I believe we should
eventually move the Struts tag unit tests in this direction, and this is
something I have on my internal task list, although I don't know when I'll
get to it.

In addition, it might be useful to modify the "exercise-taglib" so that the
demonstrated tags use more of the attributes supported by those tags, even
the ones which won't produce any obvious functionality in the application.

These two things just cover testing the tags themselves, and don't address
the MVC features of the framework.  It would be a worthwhile project for
someone to design an infrastructure for building regression tests for more
parts of the framework, especially outside of the tag library.