At 2:26 PM -0600 2002/10/16, David Graham wrote:
>To me, validator and tiles are part of the core.  Without them,
>struts loses much of its utility and importance.

I think that's a bit extreme.  Action classes are part of the core;
RequestProcessor is part of the core.  I've built several Struts apps
and barely touched either Tiles or Validator, and haven't missed
them.  Furthermore, Validator will be mostly obsoleted by Java Server
Faces.

If committers think it's best to keep them in the core distribution,
I'm not going to make a fuss about it.  But I think it's selling
Struts very short to suggest that it's not very useful or important
if you aren't using Validator or Tiles.  And if decoupling useful
components from a core distribution helps maintain focus and cut a
1.1 release, I would think there's something to be said for that.

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956