Peter A. J. Pilgrim wrote:

Eddie Bush wrote:

Peter A. J. Pilgrim wrote:

As a core contributor for Expresso Framework I find this discussion interesting.

--<SNIP>--

Yes. I am not sure who started that nomenclature, but I find it more intuative. Plus - sub-apps implies there is a super-app ;-) and there isn't.

--<SNIP>

For Expresso it will make sense to subapplications to know about the default application (which is in our case Expresso). A sub application should be able
to find out about sub applications also loading into the system. But hey may be

You may wait to see what's in 1.2 before you try to incorporate a newer release. I can't say exactly what it will look like, but modules are anticipated to be somewhat more knowledgable about one another in that release. 1.1 is, as Ted noted "Wall of China" seperatism.

There are other stuff in 1.1 which make it worth of upgrading.
DynaFormBeans for one. Message Exceptions. Validator Frameworks etc.
The confusion in ``Modules'' (subapps) is the namespace and location
of modules if there are ever extended to nested Modules, and
whether Modules can share application configuration messages and actions.

... and that will be addressed incrementally in 1.2.x

--
Eddie Bush