Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

Three quick notes:

* We should specifically ask on the user list about the timing
 of Servlet 2.3 / JSP 1.2 dependence.  I would expect this to
 be a bit controversial on that short a time frame.  On the
 other hand, knowing we could interoperate with (and not just
 integrate with) JSTL (and JSF when done) would be nice.

+0

* If the STXX folks are still interested, I'd like to see
 more formal support for XML processing pipelines be included
 in a 1.2 time frame.  This will help people who want to
 leverage Struts in a "web services hype" world, as well as
 being generally useful.

+1
Yep - lots of interest there, I think.

* I'd defer a decision on whether Struts 2.0 advances to Servlet
 2.4 and JSP 2.0 or not for a while yet -- to me, it really
 depends on the adoption rate for J2EE 1.4 and the availability
 of products that run it.  From the Struts perspective, Servlet 2.3->2.4
 doesn't buy a lot, but the JSP 1.2->2.0 changes are going to be
 very very useful.

+1
Yep.

Eddie Bush