On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:24:08 -0600
> From: David Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: HTML, XML, XHTML and <html:html>
>
> XML compliant HTML is XHTML.  I don't think we need the xhtml attribute for
> the tag anymore.  Because xhtml works in current and older browsers, I think
> the tags should produce it every time.  Many people do not use the

I'd rather *not* make this kind of a potentially backwards incompatible
change immediately before a release (unless you make it conditional on the
"xhtml" attribute of the <html:html> tag being true).  The problem is that
we have no way to know how many existing Struts apps depend on the current
behavior, and this is a pretty serious change.

I'm all for doing it post-1.1 though.

> David

Craig