    Eddie> Ok - you asked for it.  Note that this error *only* arises if I try to use
the
    Eddie> html tag (ELHtmlTag class).  It occurs during page compilation -

    Eddie> not during execution.

    Eddie> index.jsp [-1:-1] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    Eddie>         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

    Eddie> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Eddie>         at

org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageResources.java:577)

    Eddie>         at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag.<clinit>(HtmlTag.java:91)

That seems to point to a problem in my ELHtmlTagBeanInfo class (I've noticed I
get an error like this if I make a mistake in the PropertyDescriptor array).
Unfortunately, the way the BeanInfo class is used, if you make a mistake in
setting the PropertyDescriptor array, the stack trace doesn't even include the
BeanInfo class.  Unfortunately, I'm not having any trouble building, deploying,
or running the "strutsel-exercise-taglib", which is using that tag.

Could you trace this in the debugger?

I assume you've recently cvs updated?