It doesn't appear to make any difference inside NB. I even restarted NB to ensure if there was some funky caching going on I was unaware of it would (hopefully) be updated. No dice.

I think testing it directly under Tomcat shows this is an issue with NB though. I'm fairly certain this probably has to do with the JSP compiler. More precisely, I believe it probably has to do with the JSP compiler available under Tomcat 4.0. I'm not 100% certain on this though. Is this conceivable?

I have a couple different installs of Tomcat. One is used by NB internally (TC 4.0.4) and another which I installed from binary (4.1.12, I think). Under NB there are issues. However, I've seen that the TC 4.1.12 install will compile the page just fine. If that doesn't just blow a person's mind. Perhaps it has something to do with my running JDK 1.4_01. In any case, I think we can rest assured it's not a bug in struts-el. I'll just deal with it. Thanks for your assistance though, David. If you have any other suggestions, I'm happy to try them.

David M. Karr wrote:

"Eddie" == Eddie Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   Eddie> Ok - this nearly *has* to be an issue with either Ant 1.4.1 or NB.  I finally
   Eddie> got a chance to try it under Tomcat (4.1.12) and it worked *just fine*.  Sorry
   Eddie> - next time test outside of the IDE before I assume something is up.  What a
   Eddie> PITA.

There's something silly I'd like you to try, just as an experiment, if you can
still get it to fail in NB.

In ELHtmlTag.java, add just the following line:

private static Class beanInfoClass = ELHtmlTagBeanInfo.class;

and retest.

--
Eddie Bush