Joseph, you are making a fool out of yourself. You seem to have no idea how little you know.

At 11:08 AM 12/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, David Graham wrote:

> Joseph,
> I noticed you quoted me on your site but you left out the important point
> that Struts has never and will never dictate a model or view layer
> technology. Struts gives you total freedom because at its core it's simply
> an action controller. The taglibs will be replaced by standards like JSTL
> and JSF.

Actually, I did note those things, while my definition of a "model"
differs slightly from yours. I made a point out of mentioning in my
introductory email here that I retracted one of my criticisms, centered
around your point.

> I had never heard of your site before someone posted it on this list and I
> don't intend to visit it often. Struts does not need a defense on your
> site. *You* need to actually build a meaningful app using Struts and then
> make a judgement. The only "defense" of Struts I'll offer is this:
> Thousands of successful web applications have been produced quickly and
> cheaply using Struts. Struts is the most popular Java web MVC framework for
> a reason. I suggest you find out why.

Lots of points here!

For one thing, it's okay - my site has no banners, no sponsors begging for
extra traffic. Whether you visit often or not, well, hey - that's up to
you. As far as using struts: I've deployed struts apps, "meaningful" ones.
I've found other frameworks to be more appropriate for more situations.
"Most popular" is fairly well beyond doubt, and I've never claimed
otherwise (nor would I)... but then again, Windows is the "most popular"
OS, and that doesn't mean it's the best solution.

> I frankly don't care if some people don't like Struts; that's a matter of
> personal preference. I do care when it is misrepresented with ignorant
> statements.

Indeed! I agree with this; as I've stated, my goal was to explain a
viewpoint that was asked about. I joined this list so that I could
determine what actually *IS* incorrect and fix that.

Micael

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was sent as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you