My mail doesn't seem to be sending but I'll try anyway...

The tags do not output the language script attribute when xhtml is enabled. Also, we're not generating incorrect xhtml. You can have the choice of how to hide the js from an xml parser. Either use a comment or a CDATA section.

David

From: "Matt Raible" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: xhtml javascript hiding methods
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:39:14 -0600

> I object to generating *incorrect* XHTML -- or XHTML that doesn't follow
> the recommendations of the standard -- simply to deal with stupid
> browsers. It's basically the same reason I do not want to see us add
> non-standard HTML attributes to what we generate either.

I agree, just trying to prod a workaround ;) If Struts is going to produce
standards-compliant code, we should probably remove the "language" attribute
from all <script> tags - or at least when a page is in XHTML compliant mode.
I can enter a bug if you'd like.

From the HTML 4.01 spec, the language attribute has been deprecated in favor
of script:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.1