From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:29 PM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: RE: First Topic for discussion on Axis4Struts

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> I agree from a 30,000' point of view.  See my comments below.

Thanks Mike - at least there's a basis to begin more discussions now!

> http://www.strutskickstart.com
> [Mike Oliver>>] BTW Bought the book.

<deep bow>Thank you thank you thank you!</deep bow>

> 2. Struts would need to send a response back out (as an HTTP response)
> that
> Axis4Struts can translate back into a SOAP response. This is a bit
> trickier. The effort here would be the creation of some Axis4Struts
> classes
> that would live in Struts that can be fed response data and turn it
into
> standard response format so it can be parsed/processed by Axis4Struts.
> [Mike Oliver>>] Concur here too, the output would need to be some sort
> of standard wrapper for a payload that can vary.  Perhaps even the
> creation of the SOAPResponse, however that would short circuit the
Axis
> engine to an extent.
>
> The encoding/formatting of this data would take some thought, but I'd
> propose using XML and having the Axis4Struts response code (in Axis)
> assume
> the response XML was in some standard format. Providing information in
> the
> XML that allows the Axis4Struts code to 'map' the Struts response data
> back
> into a SOAP resonse will take some thought.
> [Mike Oliver>>] Agreed, some examples of this idea will go a long way
> understanding the tradeoffs.

I think for myself maybe the next place I can add value to this process
is
to begin looking a bit at how the WDSL might look and try to lay out
some
ideas on how the data might need to be formatted to travel from a web
sevice client to Axis to Struts and back again.

I've got an application going into acceptance testing this week but
hopefully will be able to put some organized thoughts together by
Friday.

If others are interested in getting involved, I tried to identify a few
big
pieces that people migyht tackle in the earlier e-mail with this same
subject line.

---
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the
use
information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt
from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>