Michael,

Having followed the xml as payload route as an alternative to form
based input, it is generally pretty easy to adapt to a Struts
application
as long as you haven't tied your business logic to http or your form.
It is likely that many struts applications would need to do something
with error handling. This should get easier when commons resources
get pulled out of struts.

It seems like there could be value in using axis to deploy struts
applications.
That would eliminate the double encoding that I think you are implying

with the adapter you referred to as spinner. From what I have seen
Axis seems pretty flexible and allows you to define new types of
services.
I have never used Axis to actually deploy a service that was anything
other
than a standard style so I don't fully understand the work this would
entail. Having axis produce a request that is closer to or exactly what

struts expects could avoid a lot of adapting. The input side seems
pretty
close already.

David Morris

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/20/03 04:35PM >>>
I too am delivering a project this week, but will get the Axis4Struts
cvs setup ASAP so we can start playing with some of the ideas.

Is org.apache.struts.axis4struts ok for a package?

We need a spinner to take any given FormBean and spin it into a http
post for the HTTPRequest to go to Struts .do   I suggest a Multipart
form/data post as the default as it will be more flexible than a
urlencoded post albeit a little more complicated.   The FormBean can
then be the payload for the WSDL, eh? Or alternatively do we want to
make the payload just an xml document and let the implementor handle
it?

Michael Oliver