I've always wanted to move them to the HTML taglib, since they are tied to the Struts controller (where the other taglibs are not). This would put, I believe, all the Struts-dependant tags in one place.

I don't think we need to pull them, but I would be in favor of deprecating them as logic tags and placing them in the html taglib (next time around).

David Graham wrote:
IMHO, the <logic:forward> and <logic:redirect> tags implement a business logic function in the view layer rather than in an Action. The rest of the tags in the logic taglib provide view layer functionality. I think we should deprecate <logic:forward> and <logic:redirect> to enforce a cleaner MVC implementation.

Thoughts?

David

Ted Husted,