"Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Our installation page says our dependency is J2SE 1.2 or later.
>
> Does that mean I should compile the binary distribution under the latest
> J2SE 1.2, or should I use the latest J2SE 1.4?

I have been building the releases using J2SE 1.4 for some time now, and I
would recommend sticking with that. Going with 1.4 ensures we get the
benefits of the latest compiler improvements. The compatibility issue is
with the JVM rather than the compiler - we want to be able to run on J2SE
1.2, but we don't need to build the releases with that.

--
Martin Cooper