Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
The nightly directories get any file older than five days cleaned out --
and, because I'm not able to deal with getting them published in the time
I'm at JavaOne, that means a "somewhere else or nothing" policy is
important.

Understood and agreed. Making the s-f distruibution available to the community is more important that observing the letter of our procecures. (Apache was made for developers, not developers for Apache.)

That being said, we definitely need to figure out a strategy for stuff not
in Struts core but having "releases" by whatever definition is
appropriate.

+1. All the optional components, the original struts-tags, struts-el, tiles, validator, struts-faces, should all have their own release cycles. We need to emphasize the fact that Strut is (and always has been) pluggable, and everyone's favorite flavor of the day will work just fine. The only thing that really needs to be in the struts-core is the Action package and its direct dependencies.

For Struts-faces, I think if you just call for a [VOTE] when you get back, we can just release it as a milestone, like anything else. So long as it's a positive vote, and we get the minimum three binding +1s, we could just leave them there.

-T.