ParameterDispatchAction fulfils much the same function as
LookupDispatchAction but its implementation is almost identical to
DispatchAction.

It would be redundant to go through getKeyMethodMap() to get the method name
because it is supplied in the parameter. I may have misunderstood what you
are suggesting but to me it would make more sense to add to DispatchAction
than to Lookup DispatchAction.

It *may* make some sense to combine all three resolution methods into
DispatchAction and either have DispatchAction try to find a handler using
all three methods or set the method via a configuration parameter.

I worry that that would be more confusing to the user that having three
distinct classes that you can explain quite simply:

To dispatch to a method identified via a request parameter, use
DispatchAction.
To dispatch to a method based on which button was clicked, use
LookupDispatchAction
To dispatch to a method based on the action path, use
ParameterDispatchAction

I would prefer to add ParameterDispatchAction now and defer a decision about
merging the three actions.
To me, that would be 'the simplest thing that could possibly work' :-)

Steve