On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, David Graham wrote:
> Not everyone uses the terms "success" and "failure" in their apps and
> hardcoding these into Struts is *not* a good idea.  It's an extremely
> small wheel to reinvent public static final String SUCCESS = "blah"; :-).

  It is a small wheel to reinvent, but a time saver for anyone ramping up
on the learning curve. If you can make a small improvement like this so
that someone can become productive faster and see fewer barriers to
getting their app up without compromising struts architecture or vision,
then so be it. Also, In regards to not everyone using the same name,
perhaps that isn't a good thing, rather we should "standardize" the name
so everyone is speaking the same language or atleast encouraged to do
so. Making these static globals isn't locking anyone into using them.

-Adam K.