There exists a project on the Struts Sourceforge site called "StrutsDoc"
which seems to be what you are wanting - a JavaDoc tool for Struts
(http://struts.sf.net/strutsdoc).  While I agree visualization
important, I'm not sure it belongs in Struts itself.  The Struts
Sourceforge project, on the other hand, is a great place to projects
like this which many Struts users would find useful.  Please
feel free to get involved in StrutsDoc or any other project.

As for the dtd mods, while web.xml does have name and description
information, I agree it would be nice to have them in Struts in the case
of multiple modules per servlet.

Don