Steve Raeburn wrote:

While messing with the struts-config_1_1.dtd, I was surprised not to find

way to name and describe the whole application.

As you can have multiple config files for each module, display-name and description could really only describe the contents of each file rather than describing the application or module. (web.xml already has this info at application level).

You're right it would be module level information. My thought is that while not read or used by struts
it keeps a useful summary description with the struts-config.xml that could then be digested/processed by
some other tool like maven when generating documentation.

Would this still be meaningful? I think description probably would but I'm not sure about display-name.

I was assuming display-name was the same as saying 'a short 1 to 5' word descriptive phrase.
It certainly couldn't/shouldn't be the module name.

-Rob

Steve