Paul Smith wrote:

Hey guys, this is exactly what pageflow does, though it does more as well.
Oh well Im working on a white paper which describes the functionality. How
would I go about getting something into the contrib folder?

You might want to contribute it to the www.sf.net/projects/struts project. It's alot less overhead,
and you would be added as a developer. You would then be able to call for new releases independant
of the struts release cycle, which IMHO is a good thing.

As far as duplication Jakarta has 2 Regular expression libraries, 2 or more MVC frameworks
and multiple Web Application frameworks. So I would say add it to the SF struts project, and build
a user base and see what happens. Keep in mind that Craigs chaining is targeted towards Struts 2.0.
It would be nice if we could take some evolutionary steps towards that in the 1.X, so when we
do switch it won't be so revolutionary, and painful. It may be that your page flow could be just the ticket.

However if you would like to contribute to the chaining directly that would be great !

-Rob

--
Robert Leland                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java, J2EE, Struts, Web Application Development

804 N. Kenmore Street           +01-703-525-3580
Arlington VA 22201