David Graham wrote:

Only ActionError was deprecated, not ActionErrors.  We still need to use
ActionErrors because the ActionForm.validate() method returns an instance
of that class.  ActionMessage should be used instead of ActionError
though.

Eventually we'll need to add a method that will allow us to deprecate ActionForm.validate(), just as
Action.execute() deprecated Action.perform(). The only reason I haven't done that is I couldn't think of a good name
maybe
valid(),
validateForm(),
doValidate(),