Ted Husted wrote:

Robert Leland wrote:
> Over 99% of commons-validator usage is through struts. In fact it may
> be 100%. I feel the only way to really promote commons-validator to
> Beta status is to make the nightly build of struts depend on the 1.1.0
> version which has released in Augustand been designated an Alpha.

This being the case, we might also roll a Struts 1.2.0 release after the dependency changes, so as to expose the updated validator to the widest possible audience. I don't believe the nightly build is up to GA standards yet. I expect that we will need to better document migrating from 1.0/1.1 with deprecrations to 1.2 without deprecations. But the best way to do that might be to run a milestone and see what people ask about.

That would be very helpfull !

Of course, we can always do a 1.2.1 once the Commons-Validator 1.1.x is GA. So, we wouldn't have to make any heroic efforts on the 1.2.0 release. Just a milestone of Struts with this dependency change.