Martin Cooper wrote:
I'd be +0 on dropping Tomcat 4.0 testing. However, we might want to start
testing against Tomcat 5.0, now that a stable release is available:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20031203.1

If the policy is that Struts 1.x supports 2.2/1.2 and later, then I suppose we should. Though, I'm not sure if we should hold a release for a 2.4/2.0 issue. So I'd say the Tomcat 5 tests would be gump-grade, early warning tests.

Since we are standards-orientated, we should only be testing against the referenence implemetation for each specification we support. I'd like to drop the TC4.0 tests since it is not the current reference implementation. From our perspective, it's now just another container, like Jetty, Resin, or the Web*'s.