Ted Husted wrote:
The "dynamic field" use case comes up all the time, but I have trouble getting my head around it. What would be helpful would be a example application that people could play with.

And making it that dynamic defeats testing and layers.
I am not aware of even Client Server uses cases for dynamic fields.

Simple example: A report for Jasper and SQL.
If you have diferent sql fields, it's a diferent report.

Struts example: Clients give you a mock up of a view somehow, you then know the fileds on the view, you know the formbean properties. (and then implement a DAO to CRUD the formbean "contract")

So dyamic fields I think should be in the 20% not to be done by core Struts.

.V