Don Brown wrote:
With Struts 2.0, we have a chance to
look at Struts best practices, other web frameworks, and current
technologies to design Struts to be the best and easiest framework for
web applications, and perhaps beyond.

I hope it's more of a revolution than evolution, it be more fun, look at everything that is new and practical.

My point is we should look at
whether to encourage through Struts design and documentation the
combination of forms and actions, or keep the current design.

My view... is that it's not a good idea to have Action and FormBean combined. MVC should be seperate in "best" practice.
A similar is multiple form beans.. I think one nested bean that matches the form and can be unit tested is better.

.V