Quoting Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  I'm still working on the changes and refactorings to add contextRelative to
> the link and rewrite tags. I'll post those first, and then  do the changes to
> deprecate contextRelative in favor of module.
>
> -T.

Orthogonal to adding a "module" attribute and other sorts of things associated
with this thread (I agree with the things I've read along that line), I
remember that Martin proposed (*many* moons ago) the idea that module
configurations might be organized hierarchically -- they would inherit default
behavior from a parent module in a manner similar to how Tiles do it.  If that
is not in the current thinking, it would still be something worth thinking
about for the future.

Just thinking out loud, we could keep the existing non-hierarchical behavior as
a default (for backwards compatibility), but add a "parent module" attribute
into ModuleConfig to enable one to define the inheritance hierarchy.