Hubert Rabago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In such a case, (A) do we facilitate it by letting the function return
> another ForwardConfig which is associated with another form?  Or (B)
should
> the method just use the new createActionForm to create new forms and store
> them in the right scope?
>
> (B) If we use createActionForm with an additional RequestUtils
> (ResponseUtils? oops, deprecated.) method to "set" a form.  RequestUtils
> creates the blank form, the PageController populates it, and a
RequestUtils
> method sets the form in the proper scope using the proper attribute name.

I'm not sure if this is related, but under Struts 1.1, I found it to be very
frustrating to try to create additional initialized actionForms in an
action.

I wanted to create another DynaValidatorForm, but there appeared to be no
way to easily do this.

I eventually ended up creating a custom ActionForm class, then pulling
pieces of code out of RequestProcessor.processActionForm() to get it
installed.

It'd be great if a utility method were available to create additional
defined form-beans.

The 1.1 createActionForm was not of any value.

-Mike