At 2:17 PM -0500 3/24/04, Ted Husted wrote:

>> \opt-el

Hmm. This is also a taglib...

But with different platform requirements. :)

Yes, but is there any reason not to treat them as a single deliverable? They have interdependencies that would make this attractive, and if users use the correct TLD file, the platform dependencies should be invisible.

One wrinkle I see would be that from a compilation standpoint, it would be difficult to control the servletapi dependencies, so there would be some risk of building the base taglibs using Servlet 2.3 features.

Even so, I think it's worth looking at making a single struts-taglib.jar that would integrate both forms.

Joe
--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin