calling the .do directly worked.  Grrrrrr .. just a tad bit frustrating.

Thanks so much!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Doerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 1:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Weblogic 510 & struts

Hi Sharon,

> Can anyone help shed some light on this error?  I have been aggrivated
> with this error all morning and havent the faintest clue ... Oh - and
> this is being deployed to Weblogic 510 sp6.

I guess your want to run the struts example application ...

Please see the message "Re: Null Pointer Exception in Struts 0.5
example" by
Alain Bienvenue. The basic problem is, that WLS 510 does not honor the
"load-on-startup" attribute. This means that ActionServlet will not be
properly
initialized.

One possible solution is to make a fake request to ActionServlet before
any
other processing.

Regards,
--Andreas