So, you've included the Struts bean tag library along with logic, yes?

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>

You can get some weird and misleading error messages if you omit a
taglibs you're using.

The inner class shouldn't cause a problem, since the iterate tag is
designed for that (an attribute or property of an attribute).

For more troubleshooting, did you try setting the inner class as a
standalone page attribute, to see if that works too?