Marcello Teodori wrote:

> I would like to use standard a Servlet 2.2 standard authentication scheme
> with struts adding a domain where to authenticate the user, has anyone
> already done this? thanx

There is no portable mechanism to do this -- the details of how you set up the
lookup of valid users is container-specific.  For example, in Tomcat the
default mechanism is to look at the contents of file "conf/tomcat-users.xml",
but you can also tell Tomcat to look up users in a database (or you can write
your own Tomcat extension for other mechanisms).

Once you've accomplished this, the request.getRemoteUser(),
request.getUserPrincipal(), and request.isUserInRole() methods become useful.

Craig