On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:38:30PM +0100, Marcello Teodori wrote:
> I would like to use standard a Servlet 2.2 standard authentication scheme
> with struts adding a domain where to authenticate the user, has anyone
> already done this? thanx

It is independent from struts. With tomcat I had difficulties
with form based authentication (both jdbc realm and simple realm).
There are some problems with the phylosophy behind this concept, too,
so I will probably abandon it when I'll have anough time. As I see,
definitely the 2.3 servlet filter the way to go. I will keep
container managed security to prohibit direct access to certain
areas.                                                      incze