Netbeans is Free as in Open-Source:

>From the site:

"The NetBeans source code has been released to the open source community
under a variant of the Mozilla Public License (MPL). The license, called the
Sun Public License (SPL), is functionally equivalent to the MPL with only
trivial changes such as mentioning Sun rather than Netscape."

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: DONNIE HALE [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 March 2001 16:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Preferred HTML Editor

Ted,

I'm definitely not the one to ask. NetBeans is the free-as-in-beer version
of Sun's Forte for Java. The various supporting pieces of NetBeans are
well-isolated as "modules" (in NetBeans lingo). But as to what makes up a
module and whether things can be broken up and partially redistributed - I
have no idea.

-Donnie

DONNIE HALE wrote:
> It's got Tomcat built into it, so you can right-click on a JSP and say
"Execute". It also has auto-completion for custom tags - once you put the
prefix:tag in, it will show the list of parameters for that tag.

Is it possible to redistribute that part of the NetBeans configuration?

-Ted.