The docs say "JSP bean", but the meaning there is broad. So, yes, you
can do this:

request.setAttribute("hashmap",hashmap);

<logic:iterate name="hashmap">

To use an actual bean, you would also specify the property

<logic:iterate name="javaBean" property="hashmap">

which resolves to javaBean.getHashmap()

Melissa wrote:

> Hi again.  I am wondering whether the logic:iterate tag requires you to use
> a bean (or bean property) as the collection to iterate over. I would
> actually like to iterate over a hashmap that i placed in the request in my
> action class, but I have not determined through the user docs whether this
> is possible or not.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Melissa

-- Tel 716 737-3463.