Hi,

I have not used any particular technique to make my site faster.
Usually, once the pages are compiled, JSP/Servlet sites can deliver at a decent
speed.

I do run on a dedicated Resin2.0 server which, I believe, is faster than many
other servlet/JSP engines. In short DB connection pooling, using JSP/Servlets,
and running on Resin2.0 are doing the job for me. My site also fetches only a
small amount of data at a time, which might not be ideal for all projects.

Hope this info helps...

regards
Pranav

Hello, my name is Spencer Smith.  I am working on a very large project using
J2EE, EJBs and Struts as the view.  It is a multi-tier environment.  So far,
the project is running very smoothly with one notable exception.   The site
is very slow.

I couldn't help but notice how fast your site newdawnart.com is!  It is a
very impressive site.  Very clean.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some insight on any hints
to make our site faster.  Ie:  do you precompile your jsps?  If so, does
that help?  Are you using Tomcat or some other server which might be faster?

Any help will be appreciated!

:) Spencer

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:29:48 -0600 "Ryan Cornia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>I would be interested in how you are doing the "Next"/"Previous"  scrolls
through the videos.
Do you load all video records at once and store them in the session, or are you
somehow only
retrieving the records the user is looking at?

--
Get your firstname@lastname email for FREE at http://Nameplanet.com/?su