You're right. Apologies to Jonathan M Crater

-----Message d'origine-----
De: David Winterfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: mercredi 26 septembre 2001 16:11
À: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: RE: Using <html:errors/>

If you don't declare the taglib at the top of the JSP,
you won't get any error message because the JSP
compiler will assume it is just some normal markup it
doensn't have to deal with so it ignores it.  If the
'foo' tag isn't defined in the html tag library, then
when you tried to call html:foo you would get an
undefined error message.

David