Yes, I have. At least I think I've made it properly.

I've added the property in a file called
StrutsApplicationResources.properties and added the
file as an input parameter to the action servlet
<init-param>
<param-name>application</param-name>
<param-value>web.resources.StrutsApplicationResources</param-value>
</init-param>
Is there any easy way I can see if I've made some
mistake regarding the message resources file?
//Anna