I'm using the tiles library, and I've been quite happy with up 'till now.

The following example is simplified--

I have a a template, standardPage.jsp which consists of standard header and
footer HTML, and expects a tile named body.  It uses <tiles:getAsString
name="body">.  Works great, an lets me deifne pages like this:

<tiles:insert tempate="standardPage.jsp">
    <tiles:put name="body> content here </tiles:put>
</tiles:insert>

Like a charm.

Now, I find myself trying to do a page that is built by including a few
other pages, and no matter how I go out about, I'm getting an exception

Can't insert page '/WEB-INF/include/portal/identity.jsp' : Illegal to flush
within a custom tag java.io.IOException: Illegal to flush within a custom
tag.

This seems to indicate that you can't nest tiles.  Is this correct?

David