Hi David,

  Tiles --CAN-- be nested.

  I sometime have error like yours when there is an exception in an inserted
jsp.
  A common way to debug such problem is to test separately each inserted Tile.
  Also, this error can be throw if you try to insert Tiles inside <iterator>
tag, or inside body of any tag implementing 'BodyTag' (jsp1.1 limitation).
Fortunately, I think that only the <iterator> tag implements 'BodyTag' in
Struts.

   Cedric