Hi,

I had a similar problem with an RTF document generation on the fly.

The only thing it is working fine for Netscape but the IE is not opening it
as word
document because of extension it has got. ".do"

I eliminated it by introducing another mapping similar to ".do" as ".rtf"
in Web.xml

Hopefully you also create the similar mapping and call the action as
"action.pdf" instead
of "action.do"

Balu

At 01:01 PM 11/14/01 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to generate a PDF document on the fly based on dynamic html
>generation comming from BroadVision.
>
>I am using a tool called HTMLDOC that can use as input parameter a html file
>or a URL.
>
>If i used this tool directly from the command line,
>
>htmldoc URL -f result.pdf
>
>then, the pdf generation is fine, includig images.
>

>But if i called this via an action, and i get the ouput of the tool and send
>it to the response, the pdf result is not displayed if i used the image tag
>in the HTML.
>
>This is the java code for my action :
>

>     Process process;
>     Runtime runtime;
>     java.io.InputStream input;
>     byte buffer []; // Buffer for output data
>     int bytes; // Number of bytes
>
>     command = <the called to my tool with the options and the URL :
>/opt/htmldoc http://www.myfile.jsp >
>
>     runtime = Runtime.getRuntime();
>
>     try
>     {
>     process = runtime.exec(command);
>
>     input = process.getInputStream();
>     buffer = new byte[8192];
>
>     while ((bytes = input.read(buffer)) > 0)
>        outputStream.write(buffer, 0, bytes);
>
>     return (process.waitFor());
>

>Any idea or suggestion ???
>
>Thanks in advance