Hello Amit,

    You do not need Ant in order to use Struts.  Ant is a tool for
compiling/jarring/installing/etc that can make building/testing/installing much
more efficient (and easier - in my opinion).  Personally, I think it saves me quite
a bit of time during testing, so I would recommend it.  The Struts architecture
includes java classes, so you will need to have some method for compiling them
(javac, JBuilder, etc).  Other than that, you can do everything else in a text
editor if you would like.  I would suggest taking a look at Ant, and maybe join the
list server for additional help with it.

Actually, I have never looked at the documentation.  I kinda learned as I went
along, so I would not be a good person to ask for this.  Hopefully someone else on
the list can give their opinion.