i see
I am looking to build something similar and I am thinking of managing this
through the action mappings.
I am hoping to manage this as follows using the same action and keeping the
form in the session.
I plan to read up on building wizard type forms but from my small knowledge
i think this wwould work
e.g.
    <action path="/editPage1" forward="/editDataSet.do">
      parameter="PAGE1"
      type=".mo..web.EditAction"
      name="DatabaseTypeForm"
      scope="session"
      validate="false">
      <forward name="success" path="/editPage2.do"/>
    </action>
    <action path="/editPage2" forward="/CriteriaEdit.jsp">
        etc
    </action>
    <action path="/editPage3" forward="/FactorEdit.jsp">
        etc
    </action>
   <action path="/editPage4" forward="/DataEdit.jsp">
        etc
    </action>