this looks very nice indeed. I will look into this some more. Thx Ted

Gr
Ronald

> At this point, I rarely write custom Actions any more. Now I
> try to use
> a framework action to handle all the usual action-stuff, and
> pass it the
> name of a business bean to invoke as part of the
> ActionMapping. At this
> point, I'm creating moderately complex application using only
> the stock
> actions in the scaffold package. Lots and lots of business beans, but
> very action classes.
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-struts/contrib/scaffold/
> src/framework/main/org/apache/scaffold/http/
>
> What I'm thinking about now is extending ActionMapping so that it has
> the same type of functionality embedded in the DispatchAction. To wit,
> let you specify an object to instantiate and a method to call from the
> ActionMapping. There could actually be a couple of different method
> signatures to call, maybe a perform, an execute, and then an
> invoke that
> just took a single object (the ActionForm), but have them
> each return a
> collection. There could also be an attribute to give whatever they
> return a name, and pop it into a context.
>
> I think we can really dispense with most actions almost
> completely, and
> configure most everything from the Struts config, as Craig
> envisioned in
> his workflow proposal. Most of what the Actions do is very
> predictible,
> it's just the wee-bit of business logic in the middle that makes one
> different from the other.

Furore B.V.
Rijswijkstraat 175-8
Postbus 9204
1006 AE Amsterdam
tel. (020) 346 71 71
fax. (020) 346 71 77

and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer