Yes. It is "authorized to act on behalf of" the client, in this case an
Action. The Action _could_ do the whole job by itself. Nobody claims
otherwise. But separating the "business function" from the Action, which is
technically tied to the presentation, reduces coupling between the
presentation and business tiers by hiding implementation details including
infrastructure exceptions. It enables the reuse of the business logic within
and across applications and presentation technologies. Changes are easier to
manage because they are centralized. The delegate may provide caching
services (thus better performance) for common service requests. And it hides
the gory details of remote invocations when used in a distributed
environment.

Jim

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for
any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while
using data contained in, or transmitted with, this e-mail.   If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail.  Thank you.