snip
> I've been using Poolman just fine, but would like to switch to
> the struts pool if it is at a maturity-level that would make that
> possible.

Perhaps I misunderstanding something here? I would like to ask why Struts
didn't just incorporate Poolman or Expresso's Connection pooling instead of
developing another?

i.e. Expresso's has been around since '96 and is certainly stable! It's an
Apache Style license so the code is certainly open source compatible with
Struts Apache license.

This brings up for me a larger question I am not clear on....

What is Struts view on building on/integrating/contributing with third party
open source projects and not reinventing wheels?

With the shoe on the other foot we support other open source projects
(including several Apache projects) by building on them and thus have an
area in Expresso's CVS for third party libraries which is where Struts
resides. This benefits the open source movement by making projects stronger
and increasing mindshare and strengthening their acceptance as open
standards. I'm sure you'll agree the Expresso community has contributed in
positive ways to the Struts code and community.

I look forward to hearing back.

--
Sandra Cann
http://www.jcorporate.com

"Our separation from each other is an optical illusion of consciousness."
(Albert Einstein)