Hello all,

I've got a question about the logic:iterate tag.  I'm trying to reference a bean which
returns a String[] but I only want one of the values in the array.  The indexID is
working but it isn't getting passed to the bean:write tag corretly.  It throws a

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid indexed property 'attributeNames[]'

If I passed the bean a hardcoded index value, it works.  I can also print out the
value of the index.  I think it may be some kind of timing issue in struts and maybe
it can't be done.  Any Ideas?

<logic:iterate id='element'
              name='attribute'
              scope='page' type='java.lang.String' indexId='index'>

    <bean:write name='MAP_STATE_KEY'
                  property='mapController.dataConnection.attributeNames[<%= index %>]'
                     scope='session'/>

</logic:iterate>

Thanks,
Graham