From: Graham Lounder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25. april 2002 14:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: logic:iterate question

Hello all,

I've got a question about the logic:iterate tag.  I'm trying to
reference a bean which returns a String[] but I only want one of the
values in the array.  The indexID is working but it isn't getting passed
to the bean:write tag corretly.  It throws a

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid indexed property
'attributeNames[]'

If I passed the bean a hardcoded index value, it works.  I can also
print out the value of the index.  I think it may be some kind of timing
issue in struts and maybe it can't be done.  Any Ideas?

<logic:iterate id='element'
              name='attribute'
              scope='page' type='java.lang.String' indexId='index'>

    <bean:write name='MAP_STATE_KEY'

property='mapController.dataConnection.attributeNames[<%= index %>]'
                     scope='session'/>

</logic:iterate>

Thanks,
Graham