From: reshma deshpande [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26. april 2002 23:12
To: Struts Users Mailing List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: some help ...

 thanks a lot everybody :-)  could you also tell me , what kind of a
working knowledge do i need to have for Java, Servlets, JSP in order to
get started with struts .. (i mean, i guess i dont need to go into
multithreading, applets etc to begin with Struts) .. could somebody give
me a little POA (plan of action) for the next 15 days that wld help me
... i have also ordered a book on struts from amazon .. and i do have a
pretty good knowlegde about html .. i have done a lot of website design
and stuff ..
regards,
Reshma
  Boon Chew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You need to focus on a few key subject matters: Java, JSP, Servlet API,
HTTP
protocol, database...I hope you know HTML...

Maybe start with this (in order or better yet, read all of them
simultaneously):

Beginning JSP Web Development - to learn java and jsp
Thinking in Java (Publisher: Prentice Hall?), Learning Java (Publisher:
O'Reilly) - to learn the Java language
Java Servlet Programming (Publisher: O'Reilly) - to learn the Servlet
API
Web Development with Java Server Pages (Publisher: Manning) - to learn
Servlet API and JSP
JSP Tag Libraries (Publisher: Manning)

*Also, read up on database stuff - it's essential to doing any
commercial
site (e.g. www.postgresql.org).

After you read all these (and have absorbed the materials) just pick up
whatever books you need to fill in the gap.

Code lots and ask questions on newsgroup and read articles on site such
as
java.sun.com and www.javaworld.com. You should be able to get up to
speed
fairly fast. No rocket science really.